Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Preperation

Helloooo.  Seriously, summer is over. What? Really. It’s ridiculous.  I am just trying to comprehend how busy I could get very quickly once September hits and more of my commitments start to begin.  My main focuses right now are getting in shape still and training and dancing as much as I can.  I am a part of three crews now, which may not be the best idea for my overcommitment self, but I really enjoy each group and the different styles and vibes each of them have.  I unfortunately did have to tell two other crews recently that I just would not be able to join as an official member due to my schedule already.  Saying no is a very hard thing for me to do, but I realize if I don’t, then I won’t be able to do my best and succeed in any group.  Also, I have started running consistently.  That may be the worst decision I have ever made.  No, I’m kidding, but I do still whine about it pretty much every single time I go.  On a positive note though, I believe I am getting better at not stopping and walking, and going a little bit further each time.  So am I becoming a runner? Who am i?! haha

I am still on the job hunt, now exclusively for part time work.  I do have a dance instructor position that starts in September, and I am very excited to be a part of the studio faculty.  Unfortunately, this job will not be enough to live on, so I still need to find something else.  I have also been doing a lot of choreography lately.  I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to choreographing pieces.  Which means a lot of going back and changing things multiple times, but I really want to make sure each piece I put online, teach, perform, or anything like that, is something I can be proud of.  Speaking of pieces, I know my YouTube has been slacking.  However, there are pieces in the works, and should be up very soon!  At the moment, everything I am doing is to prepare to attack the dance scene for next spring.  That is when I hope to be in great shape, with my technique, pick-up, and performance skills as high as they possibly can be.  I was talking to my friend the other day, and I told him, “I feel that 2014 will be my make or break year.”  I believe that wholeheartedly.  Everyday I get a step closer to where I want to be, and I am going to try to make the most out of the rest of this year, and really get prepared to do big things in 2014.  Stay tuned for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment