Thursday, March 27, 2014

You have to have lows to appreciate the highs.

Wow. I guess it can be assumed that a lot has happened since I haven’t written on here in a couple of months.  The last few weeks has been so up and down.  As of right now, I have a knee injury that has really put a damper on my plans for auditioning and training.  Audition season is here and now for musicals and cruises, and I can not afford to not be at my best.  I am currently in the process of figuring out what is wrong with my knee and I got an MRI today.  I had no idea how hard it is to lay completely still for what feels like forever.  It was so harddd!  haha But hopefully when the results come back tomorrow we can figure out what the problem is and try to fix it as soon and efficiently as possible.  I have been trying very hard to stay off my knee as much as I can, but it is really difficult for me.  Patience is a virtue right?  I made a list of things I can work on without hurting my leg, and I am trying to stay positive through this obstacle.  


At the beginning of March I competed at Elements with Project D.  It was a lot of fun and I just love that group of people so much.  Although we didn't place, we had a great performance and there is something about that performance that I can’t describe but I haven’t felt in a long time.  Project D also showcased at So You Think You Can Sayaw and Flash Dance Competition.  I had plans for my next couple of videos to come out within the past couple of months, but due to scheduling, my injury, and struggles with space and funds, they have not come together yet, but I will make them happen very soon.  

I have had the opportunity to do a little more teaching recently, which makes me very happy.  I was able to teach a House of Movement community class, and a private class for Epic Motion.  I had a great time with both classes and am so thankful for everyone who came out to take class.  I have also begun doing some background acting to get some extra money and also just learn about how the television and film industry works.  So far I have had a great experience with that too and learned a lot.  There are so many opportunities to take and paths to choose in New York City, that I am having a hard time to figure out exactly where to invest my time and money to get me where I want to be. So many obstacles to overcome lately. Hopefully it is true when people say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Until Next time friends. :)

Project D | Elements XIV

Sayaw 2014 - Project D

No comments:

Post a Comment