Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Beginning

I am months away from graduating with a business marketing degree from Virginia Commonwealth University.  As of December 2012, I will be done with my undergraduate studies.  Graduating in three and a half years was challenging considering that I decided in Spring 2011 that this was the path I wanted to take.  I am starting this blog to personally track the events and challenges I go through in the next few years, and possibly help younger aspiring dancers in their futures by learning from my experiences as well.  Oh, by the way, I am pursuing a career in dance after December.  I forgot to mention that, which is the whole reason I am writing at all.  My first choice to pursue would be contemporary and jazz.  However, I have found a new love for hip-hop as well.  I have also trained in ballet, tap, lyrical, musical theater, pointe, and various ballroom styles briefly.  Expressing myself through my dancing is the best way I know how and honestly, I am not a huge fan of writing or reading so we will see how this goes.  I will try my best to make this blog interesting and informative and not just reading that afterwards you regret wasting your time.  I guess let me know if you like what you read! Thanks! :)

1 comment: